You look back and you're astounded at how little you think you've accomplished, and how very much you did. Fortunately I've saved all my journals - almost 40 years, and it allows me to see the creative stages of life with some distance.

For a while I was a published writer who did many other things to put the kids through school. Had my own business for 15 years, been in some phase of management throughout.

And since I was a child I needed to know about what we call spirit, or God. You see, as a five year old kneeling before a statue of the Virgin Mary you don't doubt that any of That is real. Well in 60 years I never doubted, but the icons of childhood soon shifted and my yearning to find the Spirit led me through Philosophy and various Theologies, Religions, and particularly Eastern avenues which combine a deep psychology with That which exists outside us.

So you retort, Nothing exists outside of us. I experience the world, my mind funnels through ideas, and maybe it's all a dream and we die and nothing.

You could be right. But it doesn't matter. My quest to define the Spiritual Aspect of Humanness has led me to live a certain way, and even if it was all a fraud my heart found peace in the journey, and if I die and there's nothing, at least the knowledge enriched my life.

So here in raw form are my bits of wisdom, or distilled knowledge that is still a work in progress, but I'm old enough to know what brain-pickins are crap, looking back at them 40 years on, and which stand up. I'll allow some youthful reveries just to have some fun, to see into the mind of a 22 year old freshly married, or a new father's joy, or the ups and downs of a long marriage.

AND you will hear about God in all It's forms. Primarily God is simply the Animating Energy, the primal energy stuff that IS - BEING. Remember that thru these pages. It took me forever to get there!

tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog